2 small baking potatoes
2 teaspoons olive oil
salt and lemon pepper
dash of paprika
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line cookie sheet with foil and prep with nonstick spray. Wash potatoes and slice almost all the way through. You want to make sure that the slices are all still attached at the bottom of the potato.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and your favorite potato seasonings [mine are listed above]
3. Place on prepped cookie sheets and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
After running a Nutritional analysis, here are the Nutrition Facts
Calories - 168 Sodium - 14mg
Calories from Fat - 42 Total Carbs - 29.3g w/net Carbs - 26.2g
Total Fat - 4.7g Dietary Fiber - 3.1g
Saturated Fat - 0.7g Sugar - 1.6g
Cholesterol - 0mg Protein - 3.5g
Source: Pinterest http://pagesfoodblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/your-new-favorite-way-to-cook-potatoes.html
- I read a suggestion of using a chop stick placed next to the potato. This is suppose to act as a guard against you slicing completely through the potato. For the most part it really did work.
- I used really small yellow potatoes so it made slicing them (and not my fingers) a true test of my knife welding skills. [Happy to report all fingers still intact!]