Serves - 4 / Serving Size - 1/2 cup each
Preparation Time: 10 minutes total
4 oz reduced=fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
3/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt [used Carbmaster @ only 4 carbs]
1 tsp honey
2 tsp fresly grated lemon zest
2 cups fresh blueberries
1. Using a fork, break up cream cheese in a medium bowl. Drain off any liquid from the yogurt; add yogurt to the bowl along with the honey. Using an electric mixer, beat at high speed until light and creamy. Stir in lemon zest.
2. Layer the lemon cream and blueberries in dessert dishes or wineglasses. If not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Exchanges: 1 fruit / 1 fat (saturated)
Calories - 156 Sodium - 151mg
Total Fat - 7g Total Carbs - 19g w/net Carbs - 17g
Saturated Fat - 4g [not adjusted for the lower carb yogurt]
Monounsat Fat - 0g Dietary Fiber - 2g
Cholesterol - 22 mg Protein - 6g
Source: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook by Joyce Hendly and the Editors of EatingWell
- Kroger is the only grocery store where I have been able to find the low carb yogurt, which also happens to be their store brand.
- Since I no longer have any of my cake decorating supplies, I found a tip on Pinterest for DIY pastry bag - place frosting (or in this case the lemon cream) in a zip-lock plastic bag. Cut the tip = pastry bag. Made piping the top easy.
- A sprinkling of lemon zest added to the beautiful presentation.
- As the recipe states you can use any fresh berries with this dessert.