Serves - 4 / Serving Size - 1 cup
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-35 minutes
8 cups 1-inch thick slices cauliflower florets (about 1 large head*)
2 Tblspn extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried marjoram
1/4 tsp salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
2 Tblspn balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven 450ºF.
2. Toss cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until starting to soften and brown on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss the cauliflower with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes more.
Exchanges/Carb - 1 vegetable / 1/2 lean meat / 1-1/2 fat / 1/2 carb serving
Calories - 149 Sodium - 364mg
Total Fat - 10g Total Carbs - 10g w/net Carbs - 6g
Saturated Fat - 3g Dietary Fiber - 4g
Monounsat Fat - 6g Protein - 7g
Cholesterol - 7mg
Source: EatingWell http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/balsamic_parmesan_roasted_cauliflower.html
- Didn't have any marjoram so checked online as to which herb I could sub - and the lucky herb was OREGANO.
- To make clean-up easier, I lined the baking sheet with foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- *Their tip on preparing florets from a whole head of cauliflower really worked: "Remove outer leaves. Slice off the thick stem. With the head upside down and holding the knife at a 45º angle, slice into the smaller steams with a circular motion - removing a "plug" from the center of the head. Break or cut the florets into the desired size."
- Talk about a tasty and healthy way to enjoy cauliflower!