|Oops! The last morsel left for a pic!|
1-1/2 cups no-salt-added tomato sauce [didn't have - used ketchup]
1/3 cup lemon juice
1-1/2 Tblspn brown sugar substitute [used Splenda brown sugar]
3 Tblspn cider vinegar
2 Tblspn low-sodium worcestershire sauce
2 tsp minced garlic
1-1/2 tsp prepared mustard
3/4 tsp ground red pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Brush over chicken or pork while grilling or broiling.
Exchanges: [not listed]
Calories - 6 Sodium - 5mg
Calories from Fat - 0 Total Carbs - 1.2g [net carbs same]
Total Fat - 0.0g Sugar - 0.5g
Trans Fat - 0.0g Protein - 0.1g
Cholesterol - 0mg
- Well, right off the bat, no tomato sauce - substituted ketchup. And instead of measuring I just poured enough into the saucepan until it looked like an amount sufficient for the ribs.
- Again, same with the lemon juice - probably ended up using 1/4 cup.
- Skipped the minced garlic and prepared mustard
- Added enough ground red pepper until I thought it tasted spicy enough.
- Definitely a hit as it has a sweet, tart and spicy flavor!