Serves - 6 / Serving Size - 3 oz
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Chill Time: 2-3 hours
Cooking Time: approx. 50 minutes
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste (optional)
2 Tblspn Dijon mustard
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar [had dark balsamic]
1 Tblspn dried rosemary leaves
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper (if using) and place in a 2-quart oblong baking dish. Spread the mustard over the chicken. Pour the vinegar over the chicken and sprinkle with the rosemary. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
2. Preheat oven 350ºF. Bake the chicken, covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender and lightly browned.
Exchanges: 3 very lean meat
Calories - 144 Sodium - 179mg
Calories from Fat - 17 Total Carbs - 4g
Total Fat - 2g Dietary Fiber - 0g
Saturated Fat - 0g Sugar - 3g
Cholesterol - 66mg Protein - 26g
Source: Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Diabetic Cooking
- Even though I didn't have white balsamic vinegar, I really liked the coloring the dark balsamic gave the chicken.
- After 20 minutes, go ahead and check the chicken. Mine still had another 15 minutes when I decided to check and it's a good thing I did. Even the thickest piece was already done.
- The comment with this recipe says "these few ingredients infuse the chicken with such tremendous flavor, you'll find yourself making this recipe again and again." My taste buds agree!