Serves - 4 / Serving Size - 2-1/2 cup
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
2 Tblspn cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
2 Tblspn olive oil or canola oil
1 Tblspn honey
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
5 cups torn fresh spinach leaves [used Baby Fresh Field Greens]
2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken breast
2 pears, cored and cut into cubes
1/2 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved
1. In a small screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper. Cover and shake well.
2. In a large salad bowl combine greens, chicken, pears, onion and cranberries. Drizzle dressing over salad, tossing to coat evenly. Top with cheese.
Exchanges: 1 vegetable / 2 fruit / 4 lean meat / 1 fat
Calories - 306 Sodium - 343mg
Total Fat - 11g Total Carbs - 26g w/net Carbs - 22g
Saturated Fat - 3g Dietary Fiber - 4g
Monounsat Fat - 6g Sugar - 18g
Polyunsat Fat - 1g Protein - 26g
Cholesterol - 64mg
- I had one large chicken breast that I boiled for approximately 15 minutes, drained and placed in the fridge to cool. Once cooled, I just pulled the meat apart. To save even more time and reduce clean-up, you could use already chopped chicken.
- Since I didn't have a jar, I just mixed all of the salad dressing ingredients in one of my small 1-1/2 measuring cups. I was still able to stir and mix all the ingredients without any problems.
- To add more variety, I used the baby field greens, which also had spinach in the mix.
- Again, to save time I used a jar of grated Parmesan - it was a better buy than the pre-shredded.
- This is a very easy "make ahead" meal. Just hold the dressing and Parmesan cheese until you are ready to serve.