Who can argue with only five ingredients?
Serving - 30 / Serving Size - 1 cookie
Preparation Time - 5 minutes / Cooking Time - 12-14 minutes
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar [used Splenda brown sugar mix]
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup chopped peanuts [didn't use]
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, egg and baking soda until well combined. Stir in the peanuts.
3. Place dough by teaspoonfuls on a nonstick baking sheet and press down with a fork to form ridges. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
Exchanges: 1/2 carb / 1 fat
Calories - 76 Sodium - 57mg
California from Fat - 45 Total carb - 6g w/ net carb - 5g
Total Fat - 5g Dietary Fiber - 1g
Saturated Fat - 1g Sugar - 4g
Cholesterol - 7mg Protein - 2g
Source: Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Diabetic Cooking
- Because of using extra crunchy peanut butter, I omitted the 1/4 cup chopped peanuts.
- Lining the cookie sheets with parchment paper makes clean up quick & easy as well.
- The book recommends using a lightly floured fork to keep it from sticking to the cookie when making the ridges.